Naturopathy - natural, holistic care
It’s based on the principle that the body has an intrinsic ability to heal itself, with the body, mind, and emotions supported during the healing process.
The six foundation principles that naturopaths practice by are:
1. First, do no harm
2. The healing power of nature.
3. Find and treat the cause whenever possible, not only the symptoms.
4. Doctor as teacher.
5. Treat the whole person.
6. Education and prevention
How I can help you
There are many benefits of working with me, a naturopath and nutritionist, to help you achieve your health goals, these include:
• Individualized care. Every body requires a unique approach to health, as no two bodies are the same.
• Treating your health from the root cause. By going beyond band aid treatments we are able to give you sustainable health outcomes.
• A team care approach. Working alongside your doctor or other health professionals to offer you the best possible patient-centered care.
• Longer appointments. This allows you the time to express yourself, discuss your health in detail and have your questions answered.
• Looking outside the box for answers. There is a reason you feel unwell and we are prepared to look where necessary to get you answers.
• Education and empowerment. Providing you with the knowledge and skills to support your health long term.
The initial consultation involves a series of questions regarding your lifestyle, diet, health history and symptoms in order to understand your health holistically. At the end of each appointment, a plan is created that may include dietary or lifestyle advice, herbal or nutritional supplements and functional testing.
Follow up appointments are an opportunity to discuss results, your response to treatment and update the plan to reflect your progress and any new information we learn.
However, as I am a qualified and registered nutritionist as well, you can claim for nutrition on consultations if your private health insurance covers nutrition. Please check your individual health provider for details.
Naturopathy and nutrition (different to dietetics) are not covered by Medicare.