Fibre-Rich Flax & Fig Bliss Balls
This recipe is the perfect energy and nutrient dense treat that your gut bugs will love. Each bliss ball contains a rich source of fibre which can help you fight cardiovascular disease, support a healthy weight and (my favourite) support the health of your gut.
Fibre can help keep your bowels regular and will help support positive changes in the types, number and function of your gut bugs, which has a huge impact your overall health (1).
Makes 25 bliss balls
- 1 1/2 cups freshly ground flax/linseed meal
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Optional maple/rice malt syrup to taste
- Place all ingredients in the food processor/blender and blend until combined.
- Grab small handfuls of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Place on a tray/in a container and put in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Store in the fridge to keep the linseeds fresh.